The Walking Dead fans rage as ‘masked man’ STILL not revealed in season 10 finale
THE Walking Dead fans were left wanting more from the belated season 10 finale.
A Certain Doom finally hit US screens last night and will air in the UK tonight – but those who have already seen the episode were left frustrated by an ongoing cliffhanger.
- The best thrillers on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors on Netflix
- The best true crime series on Netflix
The action-packed installment saw Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) face off against Beta (Ryan Hurst) as he lead the Whisperers to attack the allied communities' survivors.
However, it was the mysterious hooded figure, introduced earlier in season 10, who remained at the forefront of fans' minds.
The masked man accompanied Maggie Rhee (Lauren Cohan) as she made her long-awaited return to the franchise.
The mysterious character, plucked from Robert Kirkman’s original comic book series, was stumbled across by Aaron (Ross Marquand) and Alden (Callan McAuliffe) in the forest.
The unidentified survivor cut a distinctive figure, donning a white hooded jacket and an iron mask, and armed with dual Japanese kama.
They featured prominetly in the trailer for the finale, but audiences were left fuming when they unmaked themselves, only to keep their face hidden.
Taking to Reddit, user trevorpaulrobeson raged: “The thing I'm irritated about is this masked person. Like, what the f**k.
“You really couldn't just reveal who it was at the end of the episode?" he went on.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
"And then the screeners went out – the people who reviewed it said the masked person reveal was ‘hilarious’. Really? What exactly was so funny about it?”
The post received plenty of upvotes as other chimed in with similar frustrations.
"After all the time we've had to wait, why they gonna do us dirty like that?" a like-minded user replied.
While another added: "Feel like it's just taking away from Maggie's return tbh."
However, one more sympathetic viewer pointed out: “It's a new character, anyway. We aren't going to learn anything with a face reveal.
“I figure we'll learn about the masked person and get some useful details in the 6 extra episodes, some of which will focus on Maggie and what she has been up to.”
The furore comes after Maggie Rhee actress Lauren Cohan reacted to the "bittersweet" cancellation of the show.
The Walking Dead season 10 will continue with its six-episode extension in 2021 on AMC in the US and FOX in the UK.
Meanwhile Fear the Walking Dead will return later this year on AMC in the US and on AMC UK in the UK.
Source: Read Full Article