Strictly's Johannes Radebe reveals new series start date – and fans don't have long to wait | The Sun

STRICTLY Come Dancing star Johannes Radebe has revealed the new series' start date.

Appearing on the relaunched Big Breakfast on Channel 4, the professional dancer said the much-loved BBC show will launch on September 17.


This year's launch show will be pre-recorded on September 7 and feature celebs discovering the pros they'll be partnered with.

The BBC has also confirmed the pros will pre-record some of their dances this year, starting with one in August that will feature "special guests" and "fun tributes" to celebrate 100 years of the Corporation.

Strictly series 20 will see the return of a live studio audience for the first time since 2019.

In another boost for fans, Strictly will return to Blackpool this autumn after three years away.

Read More on Strictly

Meg turned down Strictly because of packed Suits schedule, claims new book

Strictly to finally return to Blackpool – barring one major hurdle

The annual extravaganza was axed during the Covid pandemic.

Bosses are now pulling out all the stops to ensure Strictly’s 20th series this year is marked at the home of ballroom.

And staff at the iconic venue and nearby hotels have been told to prepare for the BBC show’s return in November.

Last month Bruno Tonioli shared the reason behind his Strictly exit, admitting he "just couldn't fly any more."

Most read in News TV

TV STAR DEAD

Spartacus star Ioane 'John' King dies at 49 just months after cancer diagnosis

'HAMMER BLOW'

Kate Garraway's heartache at husband's secret hospital dash for 'serious op'

GLITTERBAWLS

Strictly favouritism row amid claims Giovanni Pernice will be in same-sex pair

STAR DEAD

Keeping Up Appearances and Last of the Summer Wine star dies aged 91

The 66-year-old Italian dance star became an iconic face on the hit series after first landing a part on it as a judge in 2004.

However, after a whopping 18 years on the panel, Bruno insists that it's a "miracle" he lasted so long.

Bruno said he was struggling to divide his time between the UK and his role on the US show, Dancing With The Stars.

Despite speculation over why he quit, Bruno insisted his reasons for stepping down came with "no animosity."

Read More on The Sun

SeaWorld trainer screamed ‘my neck’s broken’ after being slammed by 6,000lb orca

I want to use my guilty pleasure baby name but people think I’m crazy

He told the Daily Mail: "There is no animosity, it was a mutual decision with both of us saying, ‘Listen, this is not going to work like it used to.'

"I just couldn’t do the flying any more. I don’t know how I survived that schedule. To be honest, it’s a miracle.”

The Big Breakfast, Saturdays at 10am on Channel 4 and All 4.

    Source: Read Full Article