Strictly Come Dancing 2020: When does the next Strictly start?
The Strictly Come Dancing 2019 final takes place tonight (Saturday, December 14) on BBC One. Last year’s winner, Stacey Dooley, will be handing over her crown to either Kelvin Fletcher, Emma Barton or Karim Zeroual tonight. Strictly is not over just yet but fans are already wondering when the 2020 series will start.
When does the next Strictly Come Dancing start?
Strictly Come Dancing has aired every year since 2004 on BBC One.
The show usually lasts around 13 weeks, with 15 celebrities pairing with the Strictly professionals in a hope to lift the glitterball trophy.
Strictly will return to screens once again in 2020 but sadly, fans will have to wait a while for the brand new series to start.
The next series of Strictly Come Dancing is likely to return to our screens in September 2020.
READ MORE Anton du Beke quit: Will Anton quit Strictly Come Dancing after final?
- Anton du Beke age: How old is Strictly final dancer?
Details surrounding Strictly 2020 will start to be announced in the summer, with the contestants and professionals being revealed in late August.
The Strictly launch show will air first, usually during the first weekend of September.
Two weeks later, the first live show will begin with the 15 couples taking to the dance floor and performing in front of the judges for the first time.
Following the show’s previous release dates, the first live show of Strictly Come Dancing 2020 is likely to air on Saturday, September 19 or Saturday, September 26 2020.
Express.co.uk will update this article when more information is available
In the meantime, Strictly fans will be treated to a Strictly Christmas special on Christmas Day at 4:40 pm this year.
Taking part in the special is Chizzy Akudolu, Debbie McGee and Gemma Atkinson alongside Joe Sugg, Mark Wright, and Richard Arnold.
Also returning for the Christmas special are hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman and judges Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood.
The winner of the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special will be chosen by the studio audience.
Strictly 2019 : Emma Barton’s age defying looks – how old is she? [PICTURES]
Kelvin Fletcher: Strictly star in physio admission just before final [VIDEO]
Emma Barton: Strictly star in tears amid final after injury admission [INTERVIEW]
The official pairings for the Strictly Christmas special are:
- Chizzy Akudolu will be dancing with Graziano Di Prima
- Debbie McGee will be dancing with Kevin Clifton
- Gemma Atkinson will be dancing with Gorka Márquez
- Joe Sugg will be dancing with Dianne Buswell
- Mark Wright will be dancing with Janette Manrara
- Richard Arnold will be dancing with Luba Mushtuk
Speaking ahead of her return actress Chizzy said: “I am so excited to be coming back to Strictly this year, and being able to get back on the dancefloor once again!
“I’m still the biggest fan of Strictly so it’s wonderful to be back with old friends, in front of and behind the camera, and hopefully some new ones for Christmas.
“Bring on the sparkle, and maybe an odd 10 – it is Christmas after all…!”
Youtube star Joe Sugg, who will perform with girlfriend Diane Buswell said: “I’m really excited to have a go on the Strictly ballroom floor again this Christmas.
“Strictly feels like a home away from home for me so I will be giving it my best shot and ending the year on a high.“
- Strictly 2019: Kelvin Fletcher crowned winner new evidence suggests
Strictly fans will also be able to see this year’s contestants on the Strictly Come Dancing tour which kicks of Birmingham on Thursday, January, 16.
The entire tour will be hosted by 2018 winner, Stacey Dooley.
The tour line up has not been officially announced yet, but here is a recap of who took part in Strictly Come Dancing 2019:
- Saffron Barker and AJ Pritchard
- Alex Scott and Neil Jones
- Anneka Rice and Kevin Clifton
- Emma Barton and Anton du Beke
- Catherine Tyldesley and Johannes Radebe
- Emma Weymouth and Aljaž Škorjanec
- Michelle Visage and Giovanni Pernice
- David James and Nadiya Bychkova
- James Cracknell and Luba Mushtuk
- Will Bayley and Janette Manrara
- Dev Griffin and Dianne Buswell
- Mike Bushell and Katya Jones
- Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden
- Chris Ramsey and Karen Clifton
- Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse
Strictly Come Dancing 2019 final starts tonight at 7:05pm on BBC One
Source: Read Full Article