Loose Women’s Janet Street-Porter warns Prince Harry to delay ‘dangerous’ memoir

Sign up for the Daily Star TV newsletter for the biggest TV news

We have more newsletters

Loose Women star Janet Street-Porter has warned Prince Harry to delay his "dangerous" memoir.

The panellist, 75, appeared on Tuesday's episode (September 27) of the ITV daytime programme alongside Ruth Langsford, Coleen Nolan and Linda Robson.

During a heated debate regarding whether the Duke of Sussex should censor his memoirs in the wake of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II's death, Janet shared her strong view.

READ MORE: Loose Women's Coleen Nolan gives Kaye Adams racy tip for Strictly success

The journalist pleaded with the former serving royal to not publish his tell-all autobiography this year amid fears of its "dangerous" contents.

Citing concern for King Charles III adapting to life as the ruling monarch, as well as to life without both of his parents, Janet asked Harry to "consider the impact" of any bombshell claims the book may lay bare.

Janet said: "What I think about Prince Harry is that writing this book now is a very dangerous project because his father has lost both parents in the last year and his father has a new job.

"Whether he's the King or whatever, he's got a new job.

"His brother has also got a new job and with that comes an enormous amount of responsibility, and if you care anything for your siblings and your close family who are still alive, you have to consider the impact of what you're going to say.

"I understand that Harry does feel hurt… but is now really the time?"

Harry was reportedly paid around £17 million for the rights to his memoir after leaving the UK to live in the US with his wife Meghan Markle.

Royal expert Kinsey Schofield has since predicted the Invictus Games founder is concerned about coming off as "insensitive" in the wake of the Queen's death and has plans to edit his memoir.

She told GB News: "He is afraid that he’ll come off insensitive and he’s afraid that there will be backlash if he releases some of these stories right after the death of Queen Elizabeth as his father King Charles is trying to start his reign on a high note.

"We're being told that he is hustling, trying to get some items removed, trying to work around some of the stories he's told in his book."

Queen Elizabeth II died earlier this month at the age of 96, while her husband Prince Phillip died in April 2021 at the age of 99.

READ NEXT:

  • Strictly's Kaye Adams says Craig Revel Horwood is 'absolutely right' about sex appeal dig

  • Loose Women's Kaye takes brutal dig at Nadia Sawalha as she reveals new bra size

  • Denise Welch jokes her sons will 'leave the country' after new TV show airs

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .

  • Loose Women
  • Prince Harry

Source: Read Full Article