I’m A Celebrity’s AJ Prichard confirms he has tested negative for coronavirus TWICE and will enter the jungle
I'M A Celebrity contestant AJ Pritchard WILL be going into camp on Sunday – after testing negative for coronavirus.
The 26-year-old dancer, who The Sun revealed was found to be positive for Covid, today revealed he's been given the all-clear.
He said: "I did have a positive coronavirus test early on into my isolation and I'm very, very happy to report that I've had two negative tests recently.
"They've both come back very negative and I am 100 per cent going into the castle and I'm very excited.
"It's a big relief and I just want to thank ITV for their stringent measures."
He added: "It's been over two weeks already i've been in isolation. I can't wait to start my journey.
"I think the thing for me, is I didn't have any symptoms. It's one of those scenarios in this crazy world we live in at the moment.
"I feel very confident and feel very fit and healthy and mentally just ready to start this journey.
"It's weird to be in isolation for something like this. I was not ready to let this go – I'm ready to conquer anything thrown at me."
The Sun revealed on Saturday night that AJ had tested positive for coronavirus days before the show begins.
The former Strictly pro had been isolating with girlfriend Abbie Quinnen near the North Wales castle where filming starts on Friday.
He and 24-year-old Abbie have been anxiously awaiting clearance so he can rejoin the line-up for the first day of shooting ahead of Sunday’s launch show.
A TV source told The Sun: “This is the last thing anyone wanted. It has been a shock to AJ as he’s been feeling fine and following the precautions."
Source: Read Full Article