How many episodes of Westworld season three are there? – The Sun
THE wait for the return of sci-fi western Westworld is almost over – with fans eager to know what happens after the dramatic finale of season two.
Here's when you can catch series three – and who's back in the cast.
How many episodes are there in Westworld season three?
The third season of Westworld will be told in eight parts, rather than 10 episodes in previous series.
The first episode of season three will be aired on HBO on March 15, 2020.
Westworld, which first debuted in 2016, has gained fans for its incredible visuals, approach to A, and clever twisty storylines.
What happens in Westworld season three?
Season two of Westworld ended with the reveal that Delores' mind had been implanted in a copy of Charlotte's body.
Most of the plot details for Westworld season three are under wraps – but when we last saw Dolores and Bernard, they were beginning a new chapter – outside the park.
One trailer for the hit show introduces us to a terrifying AI tech company called Incite, one which rivals Delos, the firm that rules the theme park.
We already know that the HBO's third series will see characters in the outside world beyond the park after rogue robot Delores left Westworld at the end of the second season.
This will give us a closer look at the creepy tech giants that rule the land, including the all-powerful Incite.
The fictional company is introduced in the teaser, which plays like a fake promotional video for the business.
"The world is complex, complicated, messy…but life doesn't have to be, the future is powered by you. And we know you."
The businessman then goes on to explain that his company "analyses data for life's most unsolvable problems", adding that the "possibilities are limitless".
We then see an eye turn into a robot eye.
The ad is accompanied with the sinister caption: "If Data is Destiny, Then Chart The Path."
There is also a flash forward where William learns that his consciousness has been implanted in a host body.
Another trailer sees Dolores telling Caleb she's "just a girl trapped in a mechanical body" but that she's "falling for him".
So we'll just have to wait and see how their relationship progresses.
A third trailer sees Maeve told to track Dolores down and kill her – but will she do it?
Who is in the cast of Westworld season three?
Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton are returning, but there are also a few new faces.
Here's who is in the line-up for series three:
- Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores – Evan's voice will be well known to many kids as she played Iduna in Frozen II. The actress, 32, has also been in 2003 film, Thirteen, and TV series True Blood
- Jeffrey Wright as Bernard Lowe – The actor, 54, has starred in Hunger Games and Ides Of March. He's also work alongside James Bond as CIA agent Felix Leiter, and has also been in television series Broadwalk Empire.
- Thandie Newton as Maeve – Thandie, 47, was a huge hit when she played bad cop Roz Huntley in BBC series Line Of Duty
- Ed Harris as older William/Host William – Ed, 69, is a producer, director and screenwriter as well as an actor and has starred in The Truman Show, Pollock, Apollo 13, The Rock, Gravity and The Hours
- Aaron Paul as Caleb – The Breaking Bad actor, 40, has joined the cast for season three as LA construction worker Caleb
- Tessa Thompson as Charlotte Hale/Host Charlotte – Tessa is voicing Lady in the live-action remake of the animated Disney film Lady And The Tramp. She's also known as Valkyrie in Avengers: Endgame.
- Luke Hemsworth as Ashley Stubbs – The Aussie is the older brother of Chris and Liam and starred as Thor in Thor: Ragnarok
- Katja Herbers as Emily/Host Emily – Born in the Netherlands, Katja has starred in Dutch dramas as well as CBS supernatural drama Evil
- Rodrigo Santoro as Hector Escaton – Rodrigo was in hit TV drama Lost as well as playing Karl in Love Actually
- Vincent Cassel – Black Swan actor Vincent's character in Westworld is unnamed but is billed as villainous
- Kid Cudi as Francis – Kid is a rapper, singer and songwriter who ventured into acting in 2010 series How To Make It In America
- Lena Waithe – Lena's role in Westworld is yet to be disclosed. The screenwriter has starred in Ready Player One
When is Westworld season 3 next on?
The third season of Westworld premiered on March 15, 2020.
It is an eight part series and the final episode will air on Sunday May 3, 2020 at 9pm.
HBO have released an episode trailer which you can watch at the top of this article.
From the looks of it, fans can expect plenty of hard hitting action, and: "What comes after the end of the world."
Source: Read Full Article