EastEnders' Jake Wood drops HUGE hint he's been snapped up for I'm A Celebrity

EASTENDERS star Jake Wood has dropped a HUGE hint that he's been snapped up for I'm A Celebrity.

The actor, 49, who played Max Branning for 15 years, exited Albert Square in February in an explosive storyline that saw his character shunned.

He's currently preparing for an 11-week run in his first acting job since leaving the BBC soap.

But Jake says he'll finish performing in 2:22 A Ghost Story alongside pop-star Lily Allen in the West End just in time for the jungle launch.

Good Morning Britain host Ben Shephard quizzed: "Will you be finished in time to go into the jungle if the call comes in?"

"Yes, I finish in mid-October," said Jake.

"I've made no secret of the fact I'd love to do the jungle. We were talking about it in the break, Kate [Garraway, who was a 2019 cast member]."

Ben then asked whether he'd be up for starring in the Australian or Welsh series after coronavirus forced ITV bosses to change the location.

"Either or – bring it on!," shouted Jake.

Earlier this month The Sun revealed Jake's in advanced talks to be in I’m a Celeb.

But Jake, 48, has since met with the ITV jungle show’s casting chiefs, who are aiming to secure the best line-up yet for its return to Australia.

And sources said last night he is keen to sign up if offered a place.

One told the Sun on Sunday: “He would love to go into the jungle.

“He thinks it would be a great challenge for him and he has of course seen how well other ­EastEnders stars have done on the series.”

Another source added: “The casting team have booked half of the campmates already and have been bragging about some phenomenal names.”



    Source: Read Full Article