Dancing on Ice's Rebekah Vardy becomes latest celebrity to leave show after skate-off with Lady Leshurr
REBEKAH Vardy has become the latest celebrity to be voted off Dancing on Ice.
The WAG found themselves in the skate off against Lady Leshurr after failing to impress the viewers at home with their routine during Movie Week.
Both women made mistakes in the skate off and it lead to a split vote between the judges, with Jayne Torvill casting the deciding vote to send Rebekah home.
The 39-year-old said she had "absolutely loved" being part of the show and would be carrying on skating because her children were "desperate" to get on the ice.
The result comes after it was revealed earlier in the week that this year's series had been cut short because of the amount of celebrities who have had to withdraw from the competition.
Producers took the decision to bring the ITV show’s final forward to March 14, rather than March 21, due to a lack of celebrities.
The unprecedented move comes after a series of freak injuries and two coronavirus diagnoses.
Bosses even had to call on both stand-in celebrities for the first time in the programme’s 13 year history.
A show source told The Sun: “Everybody is absolutely gutted that it’s come to this.
“But ultimately, due to injuries and shooting the show during a pandemic, they’ve been left with no choice.
“They can’t compromise on the quality of the programme, so in order to keep it to the high standards that everyone expects, they’ve decided to trim the series by a show.
“It means they’ll get to give all the skaters and celebrities a proper semi-final and a grand finale they all deserve.”
The Road to Ruin
- 12 January – Pro-skater Andy Buchanan has his face sliced by Rebekah Vardy's skate
- 13 January – Pro-skater Yebin Mok is stabbed by Graham Bell’s skate blade in a fall leaving her tendons exposed and is replaced by Karina Mantra as Graham’s partner
- 17 January – Joe-Warren Plant crashes to the ground as he slips and falls in show debut
- 26 January – Denise van Outen is forced to quit after dislocating her shoulder
- 3 February – Rufus Hound leaves the competition after a positive Covid test
- 5 February – Matt Richardson takes a nasty fall and ends up with concussion and a black eye
- 6 February – Billie Faiers quits the competition after banging her head on the ice and getting a concussion
- 7 February – Reserve Matt Richardson is voted off after just one performance
- 12 February – Joe Warren-Plant and Vanessa Bauer test positive for coronavirus and are forced to leave the competition
- 14 February – Reserve Amy Tinkler gets the boot after just two weeks on the show
- 16 February – Hamish Gaman quits after tearing a tendon in hand
- 22 February – Jason Donovan quits the show with a back injury
The decision comes just hours after we told how producers had taken the decision not to invite back show favourites Joe-Warren Plant and partner Vanessa Bauer after they withdrew due to coronavirus.
Rufus Hound, 41, who had Covid, Billie Shepherd, 31, and Denise van Outen, 46, who were both injured, all had at least two weeks off.
Jason Donovan, 52, also quit this week due to a back injury he could not shake off.
Source: Read Full Article