Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? leaves Netflix fans' 'minds blown' with murder victim's family 'suspicious' behaviour
CARMEL: Who Killed Maria Marta? has left Netflix fans' 'minds blown' with murder victim's family's 'suspicious' behaviour.
The new four-part, Spanish-language docu-series explores the 2002 murder of Argentinian sociologist María Marta García Belsunce, who was found dead in her bathtub.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
María, 50, was found at the home she shared with her husband of 31 years, Carlos, who was later arrested for her murder and spent five years in prison before the conviction was overturned.
Carlos and police had initially believed she had accidentally hit her head and drowned, and the official autopsy ruled her death as "non-traumatic cardiac arrest".
However, her family insisted on further investigation and it was discovered she had been shot several times.
Despite the family's request, viewers couldn't help but think some of Maria's relatives were behaving suspiciously in the documentary.
Taking to Twitter, one wrote: "I’m watching Carmel on Netflix and this s*** is WILD. I’m only up to the 3rd episode but I’m convinced a family member killed her.
"The way they acted after finding her is suspicious enough for me."
Another added: "Just finished Carmel: Who killed Maria Marta on Netflix and I still can’t figure out who tf killed her but her family is forsure very suspicious."
A third tweeted: "Binged new true crime doco Carmel on Netflix and wow the way the family messed with the crime scene is mind blowing. I'm convinced the family are responsible otherwise there was no need to hide evidence."
Meanwhile a fourth agreed, writing: "Just finished watching Carmel Who killed Maria Marta …. Very strange set up…. Hard to tell who killed her…
"Her husband and family are definitely acting strange if you ask me… But the question is Why would they be involved in her killing ?!?"
In the documentary, Carlos was seen protesting his innocence, telling a judge: "I am completely innocent, but I want to know who killed my wife."
Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? is available now on Netflix.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Source: Read Full Article