Ant Middleton denies making ‘inappropriate comments to female crew’ after axe
Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
Ant Middleton has denied making "inappropriate" comments to female staff on the set of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Reports claimed he was was sacked by Channel 4 after complaints from female crew about his "inappropriate" remarks on set.
Ant was an integral part of the hit show SAS: Who Dares Wins, but the broadcaster released a statement recently saying they would never work with the star again because of his “personal conduct”.
It is believed a number of staff raised concerns about Ant’s behaviour on the hit show, which puts recruits and celebrities through gruelling mental and physical challenges usually saved for the British Special Forces.
But a spokesman for Ant stressed about the reports: “Ant categorically denies your allegations. He is always disciplined and utterly professional.
“This is the first we have been informed of any such complaint which has never been mentioned previously to Ant or any of his team by Minnow or Channel 4.”
Channel 4 were believed to have held an investigation after the women felt they had been spoken to in an “inappropriate” manner.
The station told the Mirror: “We can’t comment on anonymous allegations, however, we take issues of welfare very seriously.
“We clearly set out our expectations of behaviour in our Supplier Code of Conduct. We are satisfied appropriate action has been taken.”
A statement from makers Minnows Films, who work closely with Channel 4 to make the army-series, said in a comment: “The welfare of those working on our productions is of paramount importance.
“We have robust procedures in place to allow members of staff to come forward and confidentially raise any concerns.”
War hero Ant also told a different story to Channel 4’s and his accusers on his social medial channel, stressing to his 320k official Twitter followers in a post that it was his decision to quit.
Piers Morgan brands Ant Middleton's SAS: Who Dares Wins axe 'spineless'
“Hi guys, I’ve got some news which is that after 5 incredible years I’ve decided it’s time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK,” he revealed.
“Big respect to my fellow DS – its been a journey I’ll never forget. Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is.
“Really excited about the future and what’s coming this year. Stay positive.”
Channel 4’s statement contradicted that and declared: “Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
"Following a number of discussions, Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.”
It is alleged that at the end of last year a series of complaints were made by a number of women working on the show.
But it is not the first time controversial Ant has found himself in hot water.
He quit his role as Chief Cadet of the Volunteer Cadet Corp with the Royal Navy after receiving unwanted backlash for a tweet he made about the Black Lives Matter protest last year.
He labelled BLM protestors as “absolute scum” and complained about the “extreme left” and “extreme right” taking to the streets in angry demonstrations.
In March last year Ant was forced to backtrack on controversial comments he made about the coronavirus crisis, urging his media followers to carry on as normal and not to “be a sheep”.
But only yesterday Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan slammed Channel 4 for what he labelled “a spineless surrender to the PC police”.
In a post to his 7.7million Twitter followers, Piers slammed: “Absurd that Channel 4 fired @antmiddleton for his opinions.
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?
Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
“He’s an SBS special forces war hero, what did they think they were hiring – a shrinking violet choirboy?
“Such a spineless surrender to the PC Police. Ant’s a top bloke – when he’s not strangling me.”
Ant was removed from ITV’s Soccer Aid in August after fears his involvement would offend ethnic minority players.
But speaking last night, Ant told the Mirror: “I think that ultimately what has happened is that the people that make the show and I have very different opinions on where the show started and where it is going in the future.”
Ant, 40, has already embarked on solo projects away from the show and hosts the Straight Talking series.
So far he was travelled to Mexico with the Hollywood actress Rebel Wilson and the Namibian desert with former One Direction heartthrob Liam Payne.
Ant already has a Sunday Times best-selling book called The Power of Positive Thinking.
In September this year is releasing his debut thriller called ‘Cole Justice’.
And it has been revealed he will still be the face of SAS: Who Dares Wins Australia, which will be broadcast by Channel 7 later this year.
A spokesperson revealed in a brief statement to The Sun: “Ant Middleton his fellow DS [Directing Staff], Mark 'Billy' Billingham, Jason Fox and Ollie Ollerton, will all be returning for the second season of 'SAS Australia' which is currently in pre-production."
- Channel 4
Source: Read Full Article