2022 Awards Show Calendar: Dates for the Oscars, Golden Globes, and More
It’s the start of a new year which means fans of TV shows and movies are gearing up for awards show season. Find out when nominees will be announced for some of the industry’s biggest award shows. Plus, when you can watch the Critics Choice Awards, Grammys, Oscars, and more in 2022.
2022 award show announcements
January is a significant time of year in the world of arts and entertainment. Below are a list of dates regarding when fans can learn more about the nominees for the 2022 Screen Actors Guild Awards and more:
- Jan. 12: Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations
- Jan. 24: Art Directors Guild Awards nominations
- Jan. 27: Producers Guild of America Awards nominations
- Jan. 27: Directors Guild of America Awards nominations
- Jan. 27: Writers Guild of America Awards nominations
Critics Choice and Golden Globes postponed — awards shows in January 2022
In light of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Critics Choice Awards are being postponed in 2022. The awards were originally scheduled for Jan. 9, 2022, but the association released a statement about postponing the 27th Annual Critics Choice Awards in 2021.
Additionally, the Golden Globes ceremony was to take place on Jan. 9, 2022. However, like the Critics Choice Awards, the Golden Globes are postponed, but for different reasons. Early in 2021, NBC said they wouldn’t air the ceremony in light of the controversies surrounding a lack of diverse voices within the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and the group’s voting practices.
Here’s what other awards shows to expect in January 2022:
- Jan. 7: AFI Awards ceremony
- Jan. 15: Oscars Governors Awards
- Jan. 31: 2022 Grammys
Fans can watch the 2022 Grammys on CBS or stream the awards show live and on-demand from Paramount Plus at 8–11:30 PM ET / 5–8:30 PM PT.
Oscar nominees and what’s airing in February 2022
The Oscars are one of the biggest awards shows each year. Voting for the 2022 Oscars will close on Feb. 1, 2022, and the nominees will be announced on Feb. 8.
The Oscars won’t air until March, but there are several awards shows taking place in February 2022, including:
- Feb. 5: International Documentary Association (IDA) Awards
- Feb. 13: British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards
- Feb. 26: Annie Awards
- Feb. 26: American Cinema Editors Eddie Awards
- Feb. 26: Producers Guild of America (PGA) Awards
- Feb. 26: NAACP Image Awards
- Feb. 27: Screen Actors Guild Awards
The 28th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards will be televised live on TNT and TBS at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.
AAFCA Awards and Writers Guild of America Awards in March 2022
Final voting for the 2022 Oscars will begin on Mar. 17 and conclude on Mar. 22. The 94th Oscars Ceremony will take place on Mar. 27, 2022 — it was originally supposed to air on Feb. 27, 2022. Watch the 2022 Oscars ceremony live from the Dolby Theatre on ABC.
Other awards shows airing in March 2022 include:
- Mar. 2: 13th Annual AAFCA Awards
- Mar. 5: Art Directors Guild Awards
- Mar. 6: Film Independent Spirit Awards (airing on IFC at 5 PM PT)
- Mar. 8: Visual Effects Society (VES) Awards
- Mar. 9: Costume Designers Guild Awards
- Mar. 12: Directors Guild of America Awards
- Mar. 19: Cinema Audio Society (CAS) Awards
- Mar. 20: Writers Guild of America Awards
- Mar. 20: 36th American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) Awards
Stay tuned to Showbiz Cheat Sheet for the latest news regarding the nominees and winners from these 2022 awards shows and more.
Source: Read Full Article