Rebekah Vardy’s ex-husband denies claims he ‘forced’ her into Peter Andre chat

Get the best celeb gossip with the Daily Star Showbiz newsletter

Rebekah Vardy's ex-husband has now addressed her claims that she was forced into discussing her one-night stand with Peter Andre.

During the first day of the explosive WAGatha Christie libel trial, Rebekah was probed about an interview she had previously given, during which she likened Peter's penis to a "chipolata" sausage.

Jamie Vardy's wife, 40, was grilled by Coleen Rooney's lawyer, David Sherborne, before claiming her ex, Steve Clarke had forced her into giving a kiss-and-tell interview to the News of the World.

She told the court that she was "forced into a situation" before adding: "was in a terrible, terrible relationship. The consequences of not doing something were far worse than doing it."

Now, Clarke has said he intends to clear his name and claims he never forced Rebekah into giving the now infamous interview.

Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, he says he had recently hired Rebekah at his Oxfordshire timeshare firm shortly after her night with Peter.

Steve told the publication: "Rebekah was chatty, fun and pretty, but I didn't know much more until everyone started talking about her spending the night with Peter.

"She had told colleagues and it became the talk of the office, Within a week of it happening, everybody knew what had happened. She could not keep it quiet."

Rebekah and Steve started dating in 2001 after she separated from her first husband before they went on to tie the knot in 2005.

He claims the only involvement he had with the interview was dropping Rebekah off at a southwest London studio and picking her up.

Speaking about the article that was headlined 'Peter's hung like a small chipolata, shaved, slobbery, lasts five minutes', Vardy told the court: "It was something I was forced to say."

Vardy previously apologised for comparing Peter's penis to a miniature chipolata.

A court document filed at the time read: "It is admitted that the Claimant gave a 'kiss and tell' interview to The News of the World in 2004 when the Claimant was 22.

"The Claimant regrets having given this interview and has apologised to Mr Andre.

"The Claimant was in a difficult relationship with her ex-husband and felt pressurised by her ex-husband to give this story to the newspaper."

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.

  • Rebekah Vardy
  • Peter Andre
  • WAGs
  • Courts

Source: Read Full Article