James Bond: Daniel Craig’s Casino Royale game voted BEST poker movie scene in NEW UK poll
It’s one of the most popular card games in the world and has featured in so many iconic scenes throughout cinema history. And it turns out that James Bond’s high stakes Texas Hold’em game against Le Chiffre in Casino Royale is the best, according to a new poll of 2000 British adults (of whom only 27% understand the rules). The 2006 classic saw the tense gamble as 007’s first mission after gaining his Licence to Kill – one that saw him walk away with $120 million. Here’s the full Top 10 from the poll conducted by 888 Poker Online.
1. Casino Royale (2006) – James Bond (Daniel Craig) takes on terrorist, Le Chiffre (Mads Mikkelson), in a high stake Texas hold’ em tournament.
2. Rain Man (1988) – Charlie Babbitt (Tom Cruise) takes his brother, Raymond Babbitt (Dustin Hoffman) to a casino playfortuna and they play Black Jack.
3. The Sting (1973) – The high stake Five Card Draw scene in a train where Henry Gondorff (Paul Newman) plays against Doyle Lonnegan (Robert Shaw), a mobster.
4. Goodfellas (1990) – During a game of poker, Spider (Michael Imperioli) forgets to get Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) his drink and Tommy overreacts.
5. Cool Hand Luke (1967) – Luke (Paul Newman) plays poker with his fellow inmates and wins the game by showing his great bluffing skills.
6. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) – In this intense poker scene, Eddy (Nick Moran) and Hatchet Harry (P.H. Moriarty) go back and forth – raising the bets higher and higher each time.
7. The Cincinnati Kid (1965) – Young stud poker player, “The Kid” Eric Stoner (Steve McQueen), challenges the best card player in the country, “The Man” Lancey Howard (Edward G. Robinson) to a high stake Five Card Stud poker game – but there’s an unexpected twist at the end of the movie which proves anything can happen in poker.
8. Maverick (1994) – Bret Maverick (Mel Gibson) plays in a high stake poker tournament and reaches the final table against Angel (Alfred Molina) and Commodore Duvall (James Coburn).
9. Casino (1995) – Sam ‘Ace’ Rothstein (Robert De Niro) asks ‘Cowboy’ (Craig Vincent) to take his feet off the poker table and put his shoes back on – but he doesn’t comply.
10. Casino (1995) – When playing Black Jack, drunken Nicky Santoro (Joe Pesci) wants a $50,000 marker but the casino will only give him $10,000. This doesn’t go down well with Nicky.
HERE’S WHY RAMI MALEK ALMOST TURNED DOWN PLAYING BOND 25 VILLAIN
Meanwhile, Secret Cinema Present Casino Royale is currently on at an undisclosed London location.
Check out Express.co.uk’s five-star review which includes the recounting of a tense poker with real-life actors as Bond characters.
The setting, inspired by the world of the film, is like entering a spy version of Westworld.
The immersive experience, which includes a shadowing of the Casino Royale game during the film screening by lookalikes, is on until October 6, 2019.
Source: Read Full Article