William ‘didn’t chat to Harry after funeral over leak fears,’ says historian

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Prince William and Kate Middleton did not have a sit down with Prince Harry after Prince Philip's funeral, a royal historian has claimed.

Historical consultant for Netflix's The Crown, Robert Lacey, said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were afraid any conversation they might have with the 36 year old would be leaked.

Harry and his brother William, who celebrated his 39th birthday on Monday 21 June, were seen in deep conversation while walking from St George's Chapel after their grandfather Prince Philip's funeral earlier this year.

It was then reported that Harry reunited with his father Charles and brother for two hours after the emotional event with the intent of smoothing things over following his bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey in March.

However, historian Robert has claimed this meeting never took place, explaining that Charles, 72, went to Wales with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 73, while Kate, 39, and William went back home to their children.

"They told friends that they could see no point in talking to Harry, since any discussion of substance would go straight back to Meghan to be leaked out via Oprah [Winfrey] or some other tentacle of the Sussex network," the expert wrote in an updated edition of his book Battle of Brothers, which was serialised in The Times.

The couple's alleged fears over their conversations potentially being leaked came after chat show host Gayle King said Harry's chat with William following his interview with Oprah was "unproductive".


Speaking on CBS This Morning, the 66 year old said: "Well, I did actually call them to see how they are feeling, it's true, Harry has talked to his brother and his father, too.

"The word I was given was, those conversations were not productive. But they are glad they at least started a conversation."

Harry is set to come face to face with William once more on 1 July at the unveiling of Princess Diana's statue to mark what would have been her 60th birthday.


Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

However, The Sun has claimed that that Charles will be on a trip to Scotland by the time Harry leaves quarantine, and therefore, the pair will be unable to meet.

A source told the publication. "Charles will leave the boys to it. Harry will need to quarantine for at least five days when he lands in England, most likely at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.

"Charles has made it quite clear he will not be around beyond that because he is going to Scotland."

Prince William and Kate Middleton

  • Kate Middleton pays tribute to child…
  • Kate Middleton fulfils promise to we…
  • Kate and William’s tribute to late P…
  • Royal nanny who is looking after Kat…

It was added: "There is no planned meeting between the three of them."

The source also said that the brothers are reportedly putting their differences aside to "respect" their late mother at the unveiling.

Source: Read Full Article