Queen ‘won’t be seen as much’ after health scare forces monarch to miss Remembrance Day event
The Queen will reportedly be scaling down future royal commitments amid concerns about her recent health scares.
The 95 year old was said to be "disappointed" after being forced to cancel her Remembrance Sunday appearance at the last minute after spraining her back.
And it has now been claimed that the Queen is set to reduce her workload and is even eying up the possibility of not partaking in large-scale events again in the future.
"I firmly believe the public won't see her out and about as much," a source told the Daily Mail. "That said, she will still be visible, carrying out less taxing engagements within palace walls."
It was continued: "The whole video and virtual engagement development as a result of Covid has given palace aides options they didn't have before. But there will definitely be a change in pace.'
A separate source told the publication that they didn't think the Queen would take part in larger royal engagements in the future.
On Sunday 14 November, Prince Charles has laid a wreath on behalf of his mother at the Cenotaph.
The Prince of Wales attended the service alongside his wife Camilla, son Prince William and Kate Middleton alongside several members of the Royal Family at the annual event to remember those who had fallen in war.
The Queen was forced to cancel her appearance last minute.
Buckingham Palace announced the news in a statement that read: "The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today's Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph.
"Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service."
It added: "As in previous years, a wreath will be laid on Her Majesty's behalf by The Prince of Wales. His Royal Highness, along with The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Time Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra will be presenter at the Cenotaph as planned."
Meanwhile, royal correspondent Chris Ship explained the Queen's sprain is a "recent injury" and an "additional medical concern" following her recent hospital stay.
He tweeted: "It's understood the Queen would not be able to make the car journey from Windsor because of her back sprain. Nor could she stand for the period of time required at the Foreign Office for the Remembrance Sunday service."
Chris added: "We are not being told how the Queen sprained her back, but it is a recent injury – and an additional medical concern to the one which forced her to cancel Northern Ireland trip and her attendance at @COP26".
Last month the Queen stayed in the hospital for the first time in eight years and cancelled a trip to Northern Ireland.
She was said to be "disappointed" at having to cancel her trip but was given medical advice to rest after she was discharged from hospital on Thursday 21 October, following an overnight stay.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said at the time: "Following medical advice to rest for a few days, The Queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits."
She has since cancelled a number of royal engagements, following medical advice for her to rest.
For more showbiz updates, sign up for OK! 's daily newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article