Prince Harry releases unseen pics from Pearl Harbor visit ahead of more Netflix bombshells
Prince Harry has shared photographs of his surprise visit to Pearl Harbor ahead of the next instalments of his bombshellNetflix documentary.
The Duke of Sussex shocked fans with the unexpected trip to the USS Arizona Memorial in Honolulu on Remembrance weekend.
The 38 year oldroyal made the visit solo – with wifeMeghan Markle, 41, and their children Archie, three, and Lilibet, one, remaining at their California home.
Dressed in a casual blue suit and no tie, with a poppy pinned to his lapel, Harry spent time chatting to families also at the memorial that day.
Official photographs of the trip have now been added to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Archewell website – saying the day was part of 'the Duke’s continued commitment to remembering and honoring military personnel, veterans and families.'
The caption reads: “In November, ahead of the 81st commemoration of Pearl Harbor Day, The Duke of Sussex visited Pearl Harbor National Memorial in Honolulu – a monument honoring the thousands of servicemembers and civilians affected by the tragedy.
“As part of The Duke’s continued commitment to remembering and honoring military personnel, veterans and families, he toured the sites of the USS Missouri and the USS Arizona alongside Admiral Samuel Paparo (Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet) and Admiral John Aquilino (Commander, U.S Indo Pacific Command), paying his respects with a ceremonial laying of flowers at the reflection pool.”
Harry served in the Army for 10 years – from 2005 to 2015 – rising to the rank of captain and going on two tours of Afghanistan. In 2014, he also founded the Invictus Games, an international multi-sport event for wounded and injured service members and veterans.
The release of Pearl Harbor photographs comes as the controversy surrounding Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary rumbles on.
The first three episodes of the docuserieslanded on the streaming platform last week and the second batch will arrive on Thursday (15 December).
Harry has faced a backlash following the trailer for the final three episodes after he appeared to take a swipe at the royal family andPrince William, accusing the monarchy of “institutional gaslighting”.
In the clip, he cam be heard saying: “They were happy to lie to protect my brother. They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”
The accusation led royal author Tom Bower to claim that his late mother Princess Diana would have been left"appalled at his disloyalty".
Meanwhile, former BBC royal commentator Jennie Bond claimed the decision to include a clip of Diana's Panorama interview in the Netflix series was “blatantly, openly and pointedly hurtful” to William.
The new Prince of Wales, 40, has previously said that the 1995 programmeshould never be shown again after it was revealed how BBC journalist Martin Bashir used deceitful tactics to convince Diana to take part in the landmark interview.
Midway through the first episode of the Harry & Meghan documentary,clips are shown of Diana speaking in the controversial interview – which is said to have left William "furious".
Jennie also claimed thatKing Charles, 74, will have been left distraught by the show – but will not directly respond unless there is a“direct hit” on 75 year oldCamilla, Queen Consort.
Click here for today's top showbiz news
Prince William 'unimpressed' over Meghan's 'prima donna' effort to hide Archie's birth
- Meghan and Harry's most adorable moments with Archie and Lilibet in new documentary
- Teaser hints second volume of Harry and Meghan’s Netflix show will address royal exit
- For the latest updates on the Royal Family, sign up to OK!'s weekly royals newsletter
Source: Read Full Article