Meghan Markle stuns during first public appearance following ITV documentary – without Prince Harry
Meghan Markle was without husband Prince Harry as she attended the official opening of the 2019 One Young World summit at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Tuesday night.
The 38 year old Duchess of Sussex stunned in a midi purple dress and navy heels, while she wore her brunette hair down in glossy and bouncy waves.
Meghan beamed as she walked through the audience at the event, which is described as a 'global forum for young leaders' and brought together 2,000 people from more than 190 countries.
Meghan’s appearance at the event had been confirmed hours before by Meghan and Harry’s Instagram account, Sussex Royal.
Alongside pictures of Meghan, a statement read: “The Duchess of Sussex will attend @OneYoungWorld opening ceremony this evening to continue her support for this amazing collective of global youth ambassadors. Her Royal Highness was a counsellor for OYW in Dublin in 2014 as well as in Ottawa in 2016.
"This evening she again joins world leaders and activists to celebrate the youth of today as they tackle some of the world’s greatest problems. She is proud to attend as Vice President of The Queens Commonwealth Trust and to continue her long-standing commitment to this very important summit.
"Later this week The Duchess will hold a round table discussion with several of the OYW young leaders to address the issue of gender equity worldwide, and how we can all play our part to reach equality for all.
"Ahead of the opening ceremony tonight, we take a look back at some photos and moments from HRH attending One Young World in the past. Stay tuned for highlights from tonight’s event! #OYW2019."
Meghan’s appearance comes just days after the controversial ITV documentary about her and Harry’s recent royal tour of Africa aired.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
In the documentary, Meghan candidly revealed her friends warned her against marrying Prince Harry because the British press would “ruin her life”.
The mother of baby son Archie made the heartbreaking admission during a candid interview with broadcaster Tom Brady during Harry & Meghan: An African Journey.
In the ITV show, which aired on Sunday 20 October, Meghan said: “When I first met my now-husband my friends were really happy because I was so happy but my British friends said to me: ‘I’m sure he’s great, but you shouldn’t do it because the British tabloids will destroy your life.‘
“And I, very naively, I’m American, we don’t have that there, said: ‘What are you talking about that doesn’t make any sense. I’m not in the tabloids‘, I didn’t get it. So, it’s been complicated.”
In the documentary Harry also refused to deny a rift between himself and older brother, Prince William.
Previously, palace aides had brushed off any rumours of tension between the pair, but Harry did not deny there were issues between them.
He said: “Part of this role, part of this job and this family being under the pressure it is under, inevitably stuff happens.
“But look, we are brothers, we will always be brothers. We are certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him and, as I know, he will always be there for me."
He added: “We don’t see each other as much as we used to because we are so busy but I love him dearly and the majority of stuff is created out of nothing. As brothers, you have good days, you have bad days.”
Source: Read Full Article