Bafta 2019 Best Actress award – who are the nominees and what are the odds?
Here's everything you need to know about the Best Actress Bafta nominees and the latest on who's in the running to win.
Who are the Bafta 2019 Best Actress nominees?
This year saw some stellar performances from some of Hollywood's leading ladies.
Here are the five actresses who made the shortlist for the prestigious award:
- Olivia Colman for her role as Queen Anne of Great Britain in The Favourite
- Lady Gaga for her performance of singer-songwriter Ally Campana in A Star Is Born
- Melissa McCarthy for her portrayal of American author Lee Israel in Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- Viola Davis as Chicago teachers' union delegate Veronica Rawlings in Widows
- Glenn Close for her performance of Joan Castleman in The Wife
What are the latest odds on the winner?
If the Golden Globes are anything to go by then it looks like Olivia Colman is in the lead to take home the coveted prize.
And according to bookies William Hill, the British star is also joint favourite for the Bafta gong.
The bookies odds for the Bafta gong are as follows:
- Olivia Colman – 11/10
- Glenn Close 11/10
- Lady Gaga – 9/2
- Melissa McCarthy – 25/1
- Viola Davis – 33/1
But fans and nominees alike will have to wait until February 10 to discover who will take the famous mask home.
When is the Baftas?
This year's Bafta awards will take place on February 10th at London's Royal Albert Hall.
Since 2002 the ceremony has been held in February to precede the Oscars and AMPAS ( Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences'.)
This is to ensure they take place during the film industry's 'awards season.'
Before that they had been held in April or May.
Source: Read Full Article